In this issue, we promised to share one of the BrightMove features that our customers have indicated they find really useful. As a busy recruiter or hiring manager, we can use all the time saving tech we can get. If you are not already a fan - chances are you will soon be!
BrightMove Resume Parser Feature captures and parses online information within milliseconds
To get this plug-in on your Chrome browser for fast and easy parsing into BrightMove - follow these instructions:
- Go to the Chrome Store. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/BrightMove
- Click the blue "Add to Chrome" button.
- A pop up will appear and ask if you want to add the BrightMove Resume Parser, click "Add".
- Once added, you will see the plug-in icon in the upper right in your Chrome browser.
It's very simple to use this app to parse in resume information you find online to quickly create a new Candidate profile in BrightMove! It works on any website page that contains text.
- You need to be logged in to your BrightMove account in the Chrome browser.
- While online and you see resume information you'd like to have in your account - simply highlight the text you want parsed and then click the BrightMove parser icon in your browser. Alternatively, you may choose to parse the entire web page as an Applicant or Contact profile by not highlighting anything and simply click the parser icon.
- Select whether to parse as a Candidate or as a Contact.
- For new applicant or contact profiles, an edit window will display allowing you to adjust the information you would like to have parsed into your account. If you would like to skip this preview and parse all of the information as is, check the "Skip Parse Preview" box before pressing the blue Parse buttons.
With built-in duplication check
Any newly parsed applicant or contact profiles will automatically be run through the default BrightMove duplication check. This check will look for a matching First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. If all three fields match a profile that already exists in your database, the parser tool will display a window allowing you to edit your newly parsed information. A link will be provided for you to view the pre-existing profile in your BrightMove account. You can use the blue arrows to push the New Applicant Information into your Existing Applicant Information and then press the Update Existing Profile button to update the existing applicant's profile. You can also create a new profile with the duplicate information by selecting the Save New Profile button.
That's it! It really is very easy and fast!
NOTE: BrightMove supports parsing of the downloadable .pdf version of LinkedIn profiles only. Any other copying of LinkedIn profiles (including any form of "scraping" and/or cut/paste) is not supported by BrightMove. Click here for instructions on how to do that.
Take a 5 minute video tutorial here
Let us hear from you on Request BrightMove Feature under the Help Menu as to how we can improve this feature. We are always open to your feedback.
David T. Webb
Co-founder and CEO BrightMove, Inc.