Sr. Software Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Developer
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44101
- Other Location
Conexess is looking for a Senior Software development position will be responsible for day-to-day web application feature/function delivery.
Objective: Designs and develops complex applications systems for internal and external customers. Assigns and coordinates work to the team. Certifies quality of the completed application.
Translates logical applications specifications into physical application design
- Writes new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Codes, tests and troubleshoots complex programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Maintains and modifies programs; makes approved changes by amending program specifications, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolves questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluates complex interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Writes and maintains programming documentation.
- Assesses and implements processing improvements and efficiencies to application systems.
Develops and implements comprehensive system test plans
- Tests and develops programming modifications.
- Analyzes performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies.
- Documents programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
Works with junior team members
- Defines individual work assignments and assign to junior members of the team.
- Mentors junior members of development team.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Strong knowledge of operating system technology
Strong knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
Strong Relational Database analysis and design knowledge
Strong knowledge of data modeling, logical design, user interfaces and query processing using SQL and query optimization
Strong knowledge of XML, XLST, and data parsing
Strong knowledge of contemporary software development principles
Exposure to project management and implementation methodology
Excellent problem solving skills
Strong business skills
Strong analytical skills
Strong project management skills
Influence and decision-making skills
Interpersonal and relationship building skills
Strong listening skills
Excellent verbal communication skills
Excellent written communication skills,
Ability to ‘translate’ technical information to users with a variety of skill levels
Development skills using modular approach and strong experience with OO methodology
Excellent presentation skills
Strong customer orientation
Strong detail orientation
Strong relationship building orientation
Strong sense of personal accountability
Strong work ethic