Senior Support Engineer - Help Desk
- Job Title
- Senior Support Engineer - Help Desk
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10022
- Other Location
Senior Support Engineer - Help Desk, NY
The Senior Support Engineer - Help Desk will provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions under general supervision by the Help Desk management team. The person will clearly communicate technical solutions in a customer-friendly, professional manner, provide one-on-one end-user training as needed, and escalate more complex issues as required. Maintain hardware and software inventory and ensure accurate information is recorded for reporting purposes and perform related work as required.
The Help Desk team fields all support calls from the user base and creates the initial record of the request and resolves all Level One end-user problems over the phone or in person. Escalates all Level Two requests as necessary and contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair. We seek a highly organized, detail-oriented person who can work independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems for users of personal computer software and hardware, network, the Internet and new computer technology in a corporate environment; communicate solutions to end-users and IT staff.
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for approved Personal Computer (PC) software.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all asset information for all PC’s, local/networked printers, monitors and defined peripherals.
- Administer mobile devices using Mobile Iron and act as main point of contact with mobile device vendor for all technical issues.
- As a point of escalation, diagnose and resolve end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems. Must be proficient at troubleshooting iPhone and mobile broadband cards from a variety of carriers.
- Coordinate timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Act as subject matter expert and be responsible for various products within IT.
- Active involvement in IT’s function, projects, processes and provide input into discussions for the betterment of the department.
- Mentor/advise junior members of staff and be a source for escalation.
- Ensure that Knowledge Base articles are created regularly.
- Ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure that the Help Desk is staffed at all times
- On-Call and additional duties as identified
- Experience with MobileIron and iPhone technologies
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office 2010/2016/O365, Outlook, Desktop and Laptop PC’s, Windows 7/10, relevant software, printers and networking
- Certification in at least one technical product set would be preferred. (MCSE/MCSA etc).
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices, beneficial to have worked in an ITIL based environment
- ServiceNow experience highly beneficial
- Proactive learner who is interested in broadening their skill set to advance within the department
- Demonstrated skill in problem analysis and resolution
- Dependable with strong customer service skills and highly effective interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills with high level attention to detail
- Tolerant of high stress situations in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to learn and adaptable with a “can do” attitude
- Fluency in English, other languages useful
- Must be able to work full time in an office environment and physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day