Test Engineer- EMC Testing
- Job Title
- Test Engineer- EMC Testing
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
SUMMARY: Will perform to detail technical reports with data, observations and results using Engineering specifications and operating procedure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
· Assist in the calibration of internal test equipment
· Ensure appropriate scheduling and distribution of electronics testing workload.
· Support test lab technicians and test technologist with electronics training.
· Develop and define new test procedures.
· Analyze test results and provide feedback.
· Recommend, design and build new test equipment as required for performing tests.
· Responsible for performing tests per submitted requests and customer instructions in order to produce reliable and precise data following the test lab process flow.
· Approve test reports as needed.
· Operates lab equipment and instruments following established procedures.
· Monitors inventory levels and orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Find, collect and gather information, report generation and maintenance of accurate records.
· Provide opinions and interpretations of test data when required.
· Establish test timelines and equipment limitations and communicate to Customer and Manager.
· Develop and maintain test equipment and software (test scripts, etc) for multiple projects.
· Assist development team in determination of root cause of problems and assisting in corrective actions to correct the root cause. This includes documentation of issues.
· Analyze customer and internal requirements to develop test plan and test cases.
· Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
· Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
· Travel: Domestic and International as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Three to Five (3 – 5) years of electronics test lab experience is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Open-Mindedness, Communication, Listening, achievement and Motivation, Self-Discipline, Independence, Dependability, Assuming Responsibility, Technical Orientation, Analytical Orientation, Creativity, Thoroughness.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.