Planview Administrator/ Developer
- Job Title
- Planview Administrator/ Developer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37208
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Planview Application Administrator/ Developer
Our Nashville based client is seeking a Windows Desktop Systems Engineer. A company who truly lives by its Mission and Values, our client is investing in technology, drives business growth, and truly values its' employees, while also being known for it's culture and opportunity for growth from within.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This role is responsible for providing development, administration and support of Planview.
The position serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the assigned system(s) and for the processes inside of the application to ensure that it remains current and serves the needs for users.
• Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications and/or Computer Science or related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to be used to interact proficiently with all levels of management and staff
• Knowledge of Windows OS, SQL, MS Office, Visio
• Minimum of 3 or more years of experience supporting, as an admin, vendor-provided applications
• Must have strong capability to coach and mentor
• Self-starter who has the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Planview PVE 5+ experience
• Planview Architect and Planview Administrator experience
• Three years of experience managing projects and project financials
• Understanding of accounting and finance principles as they relate to projects
• Strong MS SQL coding experience – including Report Builder
• Ability to Build Custom Reports
• Experience with web service integrations (SOAP, WSDL, XML, REST)
• Experience connecting to different systems
• Data Uploads
• Experience creating and conducting user training
• Other applications experience are plus: PowerBI, SAP Business Objects, JIRA and Confluence
**Would be willing to consider candidates that want to work remotely part-time
• Act as owner and primary administrator of assigned application(s).
• Provide application and system support to all employees for assigned application(s).
• Create complex reports to meet customer needs.
• Troubleshoot issues, providing expert level support. Resolve issues or identify escalation to Systems team or vendor. Own issue until resolved.
• Architect the application(s) to meet business needs. Establish integration with other applications.
• Establish best practices for administering and securing application(s).
• Provide application performance monitoring, evaluation and optimization.
• Propose and implement/lead job automation using scripts and other tools.
• Implement solutions to meet or improve specific customer or business needs.
• Research, evaluate and provide guidance in the selection of 3rd party applications.
• Analyze, configure, document, implement and support 3rd party applications.
• Analyze application incidents to identify root cause. Work closely with vendor's product support team to implement solutions.
• Analyze existing processes to identify inefficiency and opportunities for improvement. Implement or direct the implementation of such process improvements.
• Work with stakeholders to establish key metrics, KPIs and SLAs that are measureable and sustainable.
• Ensure successful installation and validation of vendor-provided upgrades and patches or work with vendor on upgrades and validation if using a SaaS model.
• Monitor license usage and budgeting for licensing costs. Provide metrics on anticipated needs during budget cycle and submit procurement requests when additional licenses are required.
• Process change requests for modifications to the application configuration.
• Maintain application roadmap and work with Manager, Applications Administration to set priorities.
• Provide timely and accurate status reporting.
• Manage projects to build new functionality, workflows, processes, and/or reporting in the application including requirements gathering, configuration, testing, user documentation and training.
• Develop and maintain all user documentation related to assigned application(s), including policies and procedures.
• Drive user adoption across the organization through user training and best practices.
• Maintain relationship with vendor to resolve application issues and ensure that needs for new functionality are considered in future releases.
• Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.