Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job Title
- Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
As a Software Development Engineer in test, you will work with an experienced, highly Agile development and testing organization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment and should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Along with your team you will develop, execute and maintain software to validate products and services. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that will enable you to significantly improve product quality and time to market. You should have a combination of solid knowledge of test automation practices as well as a strong understanding of software development obtained through years of proven experience. The test automation you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. The expectation is that you will be working on a Lean or Peer Programing team where you will be functioning hand in hand with the development team creating unit and functional level automated tests that will be integrated in to our CI/CD framework. These tests will be triggered via our build jobs and results reported out via our standard test case management and reporting solution. You will help define test methodology, criteria, and test cases required validate critical functionality. The team you will be joining is developing both mobile and Web apps using NativeScript.
- 5+ years of test automation with at least 2 years mobile testing
- 3+ years experience writing and maintaining complex test automation suites using industry standards such as Mocha, Jasmine or comparable.
- 3+ years experience testing in non-relational data structures such as Mongo or other NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Hadoop or other Big Data solutions a plus
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Experience with open source test automation tools
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Experience in mobile test automation using Appium
- Proven experience in UI test automation using Protractor
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Defect tracking using industry standard defect management tools (JIRA, Rally, Tracker) a must.
- Experience with industry standard version control tools (Git, GitHub, Subversion)
- Experience integrating automated testing processes with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.