IT Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Job Title
- IT Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Job ID
- Warren, MI 48092
- Other Location
IT Project Manager/ Scrum Master
In this position, you will directly report to the Director IT Retail Ops & Innovation, you will be responsible for overseeing the technical implementation for assigned accounts and projects, interfacing closely with omni-channel business owner(s) to create and manage a mutually agreed upon implementation project plan.
This includes strategic projects involving the web enablement of customer interactions via multiple device channels such as smartphones, tablets, and kiosks. This individual will be responsible for facilitating team activities, developing and tracking metrics, and reporting all project activities for a delivery team. Candidates must be very familiar with Agile Scrum concepts, roles, and practices.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Collaborate with Development Leads and Product Owners to promote a shared vision and roadmap.
- Create and maintain work effort and budget reports.
- Prioritize project activities; determine feasibility of activities and assign teams to activities.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of scope in sprints.
- Provide transparency to the team and stakeholders by ensuring metrics are relevant, available, and up-to-date.
- Prepare and lead presentations to team members and executives.
- Work collaboratively with Agile teams and their stakeholders.
The Project Managers responsibilities (recommends hires; establishes work schedules; provides training; assigns, directs and reviews work; writes and delivers performance reviews; and addresses performance/conduct issues through the corrective action process) for IT Staff.
Responsible for oversight and direction of internal and external (including off-shore) team members. Successful candidates must have recent experience, and comfort collaborating, and delivering results in the global delivery model.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years IT and/or Business experience.
- 2+ years hands on experience managing IT projects.
- e-Commerce experience highly preferred.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications and Project Management tools.
- Experience with Agile project methodology preferred.
Skills / Requirements
The Position Requires:
- Project Management - Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, and software development lifecycle. Demonstrated ability in planning and managing multiple projects; meeting deadlines; and in problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Organizational Skills - Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Communication Skills - Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, both one-on-one and in group settings, with both onshore and offshore personnel.
- Customer Oriented - Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands how business works; knows the competition; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology; and information affecting his/her business and organization. Uses data information to improve service, and acts with customer in mind. Understands the organization’s mission, values, operations, and goals.
- Results Oriented - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self, partners, and others for results. Able to define, measure, and report meaningful measures of service and process effectiveness.
- Process Orientation - Familiarity with the ITIL process model. Uses practices, processes, and systems to manage work and to simplify and use resources efficiently and effectively. Drives change through process design and implementation.
- Vendor Management - Able to develop relationships and define processes and services with vendors and partners. Able to develop metrics that measure the value contributed by partners and hold them accountable for results. Able to lead external team members (primarily off-shore).
- Develops Direct Reports - Establishes clear directions, delegates workload appropriately, and is a clear communicator. Holds frequent development discussions; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; will take on those who need help and further development; is a people builder.
- Planning and Organization - Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Team Oriented - Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers.
- Peer Relationships - can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can influence others and solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Encourages collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans groups of stakeholders.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Sought out by others for advice and solutions. Able to prioritize activities and set goals and milestones.
- Technical Learning - Understands all components of IT infrastructure and how they support the business; is good at learning industry, company, product, or technical knowledge developments.
- Presentation and Communication Skills - Effectively communicates processes and project status to diverse audiences with clarity and conciseness; commands attention and can manage group process during a presentation.