Moda Health. Healthcare from your head to your toes.
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
|Dentist - Tooth Taxi|
- Job Title
- Dentist - Tooth Taxi
- OPen Until Filled
- Milwaukie, OR 97222
- Other Location
At Moda Health, formerly ODS, we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We know that dealing with health concerns can be tough – and that it is a juggling act to fit in healthy choices every day. That’s what we’re here for. We’ll be your guide, your supporter, your fan club and your partner ready to help you every step of the way.
For more than 57 years, we’ve been helping our members with innovative, evidence-based health plans, diverse networks, member programs and superb customer service.
We have a unique opportunity for a caring and energetic dentist who enjoys working with children to join our highly successful mobile dental clinic program. The mobile clinic travels throughout the state of Oregon each week providing comprehensive dental care in order to improve oral health for Oregon school children (K-12). Based out of Portland, the “Tooth Taxi”, a fully equipped, state-of-the art mobile dental van travels the rural areas of the state spending up to a week at a time at schools fulfilling the mission of the Dental Foundation of Oregon (DFO): “Improving Oral Health for Oregon’s Children”. For more about the Tooth Taxi visit the Dental Foundation of Oregon website: www.SmileOnOregon.org
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and communication skills, has the ability to prioritize and treatment plan patient’s needs and educate children on the importance of oral health. Position requires an individual to build strong and sustainable relationships with sponsors and site partners and effectively communicate to multiple audiences the value of dentistry.
This position provides opportunities for new grads (GP and Pediatric) to experience many facets of dentistry as well as working with dental volunteers from the communities that the Tooth Taxi visits. This full-time traveling position is year-round and offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Required Skills
Oregon dental license required.
A qualified candidate will have:
1. Licensed Dentist within the State of Oregon.
2. Pediatric dentist preferred with Nitrous endorsement.
3. Ability to take own x-rays.
4. Strong patient management skills, with proven successful record working with children.
5. Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Computer proficiency with dental practice management software.
8. Must have strong decision making skills and work with frequent interruptions and constantly shifting priorities.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
9. Ability to travel each week throughout the State of Oregon and remain auto insurable.