Moda Health. Healthcare from your head to your toes.
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
|Health Promotion & Quality Improvement Specialist|
- Job Title
- Health Promotion & Quality Improvement Specialist
- Portland, OR 97204
- Other Location
At Moda Health, formerly ODS, we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We know that dealing with health concerns can be tough – and that it is a juggling act to fit in healthy choices every day. That’s what we’re here for. We’ll be your guide, your supporter, your fan club and your partner ready to help you every step of the way.
For more than 57 years, we’ve been helping our members with innovative, evidence-based health plans, diverse networks, member programs and superb customer service.
We are seeking a Health Promotion & Quality Improvement Specialist to join our team!
This role develops, implements and evaluates member and provider education projects designed to promote health and improve the quality of healthcare services.
Primary responsibilities will include:
1. Maintain medical and dental health promotion activities to improve the quality and safety of clinical care programs/services provided to Moda members. 2. Document and report quality initiatives to appropriate internal Moda stakeholders. 3. Coordinate with marketing staff and vendors as needed to update, create, or purchase relevant member and provider communications. 4. Work with other Moda departments to develop and vet program materials using guidelines established by marketing. 5. Coordinate with the Moda health promotion consortium and Moda departments to ensure compliance with company standards. 6. Ensure compliance with applicable state and national quality assurance and quality improvement standards. 7. Oversee the review and maintenance of myModa myHealth webpage. 8. Facilitate quality improvement initiative meetings and participate in health promotion consortium meetings. 9. Develop annual project work plans resource allocations and budget impacts. 10. Seek out and participate in professional growth and development activities. 11. Maintain careful expense reports and stay within an approved budget.
- Required Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Two to four years of experience in public health or healthcare (community-based organization, government agency, physician office, hospital or health plan), with emphasis on quality monitoring, quality improvement or program evaluation preferred.
3. Experience working with healthcare staff and leadership to convert monitoring and evaluation data into action plans.
4. Proven project management skills. Ability to track and coordinate multiple projects with extended timelines.
5. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Strong literature search and literature review skills. Demonstrated ability to translate complex findings into clear, user-friendly and action-oriented messages.
7. Self-starter. Capable of proposing and implementing creative solutions.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.